Sunday 9 March 2014

My first impression about ICT

          Today was my first day introduced to ICT. The exploration part has taken me a long time since I am not an  'IT' person. The tasks to be completed challenged me to master the skills in ICT so that I could make good use of it in my future teaching journey.

          In Malaysia, the use of ICT is not as common as in other countries especially in early childhood. A lot of debates occur regarding to this issue. People have been debating about the advantages and disadvantages in ICT. For me, both stand an opinion. I feel that ICT is equally important as other subjects like maths and science. It plays a vital role in learning as it acts as a powerful research tool in era globalization.  Even though some people might feel that ICT will have some of the disadvantages like causing speech delay or poor pincer grip.

          It  is a good time for me to really look into ICT and learn up different kinds of tools in teaching. By looking at different perspectives by different people in ICT, it inspires me to really explore and experience it by myself so that I will be able to provide the best teaching to my students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXG3Dcfi-Ks
Here is the link to  'Technology in Early Childhood Family Education Classrooms'
The teachers in the video is using smart board in their teaching. There is one part where the smart board is used in helping students to recognize their name. The students have to use their fingers to drag a name away, where behind the name it shows their photos. It gives me the idea where ICT has made the learning more fun and effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment