Friday 23 May 2014

What do I know about lesson planning?

David has posted his questions in the forum. I found that I might not be able to answer this question before I visit the school or knowing the children. He felt that we should consider these questions according to our experience and idea.

What do I want the students to learn? How will I know that they have learnt?
What are the school resources and practices around this content? Are there school-based expectations of how it should be taught? What do I think of that practice?
What are the students familiar with? What bores them? What excites them?
What else is going on in the school and the context?
What do I know about the students?
What do I know about the context, the timing, the room, the other resources?
How have other people taught this? Google search.
What does the literature say about this topic? Google scholar search.
What worked? What didn't? Why?
Look into my "teachers resource box" – Diigo, Mendeley, my blog etc.
What are the different components of what the students have to learn? What are some good strategies to help them learn these components?
How much time do I have to develop this plan? How am I feeling? What are my strengths? What don't I know? Do I have time to learn it? What have I done before that's similar?

Before going to do my prac, I visited my placement school and had a talk with my mentor. She allowed me to observe the children and discussed the school curriculum level with me. So, before I really do my plans, I feel great to check out the student's level and the school's priorities. By collecting all the information needed, I have a better ideas of how to incorporate ICT in lessons. I feel that it is very important to find out what kind of learners are the group of students and what are the things would interest them. Beside, interviewing the teachers in the placement will be another good way to find out the students' strength and weakness.



http://nieer.org/resources/policybriefs/2.pdf This link says about the preparation before we go for prac.

No comments:

Post a Comment