Monday 5 May 2014

1st day of prac

Today I have started  my practicum in Rainbow school. It was a nice day where I got a chance to meet all the children. In the morning, I were joining their circle time and helping out around. After the circle time, the principal would like me to take the 6 years old children to discuss about time concept. I used the opportunity to see their knowledge about time and find out misconception about time.

Neahel has a pretty good knowledge about time, she was able to explain about the relation between the spinning of earth and day and night.
Kiearra was able to link the time with the daily activities.
Marcus was able to link the clock with the time as well.
Qi Wen has some problem in reading the clock properly.

However, talking to them has made up my mind to prepare a lesson about time for them.

When the school was over, the mentor had a small discussion with me. She wanted me to teach the topic about money as she will be bringing the students for a real shopping in the later part. Furthermore, she requested me to teach about ways to appreciate parents as parents day falls on this month. Here I would link to share a link about the games related to time. http://www.maths-games.org/time-games.html

No comments:

Post a Comment